Sunday 29 March 2015

3MT top tips to successfully compete

Last week, I finally competed in the much anticipated Three Minute Thesis or 3MT. As I am at the beginning of my journey, I didn't have data and I believe this will definitely be a plus the next time I take part in the 3MT.



After stalking previous 3MT winners on YouTube and following the 3MT hashtag on twitter, I have collated a list of tips for successfully standing up and presenting your thesis in three minutes. Now that I have completed my first 3MT, I can also add a little humour may help!

So here's my list:
  • Interesting catchy title
  • Engaging introduction/opening line
  • The question/s
  • How I went about it
  • Final message
  • Eye contact
  • Enthusiasm
  • Wear dark clothes
  • No notes- from memory
Also include:
 
Recent research suggests (no refs)... What about exploring pre-service Teachers lived experiences and sharing their voice?
Results will lead to further research...
 
Now although I didn't win, I feel I did have success as I achieved my goals - one of them standing up there and getting through it!
 
What would you add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment