Saturday 29 November 2014

Presenting to fellow researchers

I presented my first paper at a conference last June and I must admit I was a little starstruck. I listened to as many of the researchers covering my topic and found that many researchers I met, I've cited their or read their work. 
The research conference I attended was one of the smaller conferences each year. I can see why it's recommended as a good one for a beginning researcher to attend.
I met researchers in my field and I followed them up if I was able to via Linked In or Twitter. I also received terrific feedback on the beginning of my journey. It wasn't so scary in the end as it was a supportive atmosphere,
I'm already looking forward to the next one even though it will be held in a place that is very cold!
I highly recommend attending and presenting your research to date if you are a beginning researcher. You boost your public speaking confidence, remind yourself that your research is worthy and meet doctors in your field that could possibly help you down the track with your thesis.

Have you presented at a conference recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment